Swipe right to live a little...

For as long as I can remember, I have always believed that meeting my soulmate would be magical. Yes, I am hopelessly romantic. Far too ridiculous sometimes. Hence, swiping through some faces on an app in the hope of finding 'The One' seems a bit alien to me.

I remember the first time I met my first boyfriend, the guy I first kissed. I remember how I kissed, where we kissed and what I wore.    


I still recall the very first day I saw my Ex - he was wearing a green polo neck, had a green and yellow baseball hat and looked so scruffy in his unshaved beard that in that moment, I'd thought he was the most beautiful man I had ever seen. He was the most beautiful man I had ever seen. 

Then there was the New York guy - my first hook up. We'd made eye contact across the dance floor, he'd walked up to my friend to ask her if he could dance with me. He was wearing those adorable geeky glasses that drew me to him. 


See, I can never have these memories with the guys I have met on an app. All of the above, regardless of how they ended will always make me smile.

And that's why, I want to meet more people in real life. Form connections, take chances, bond, share something and create memories that'll make me smile when I am a grumpy old woman with a dry sense of humour. 


This blog will be a chance at finding "life" by taking chances. 

Comments